Back to construction equipment gallery
Area of application
The main application was the maintenance of dirt roads, but it could also be in connection with building new dirt roads.
Horse-drawn road graders were made between 1913 and 1930 by the Dominion Road MAchinery Co., which later became Champion road machinery, located in Goderich, Canada.
The road grader on display here, built in 1926, was known as "the Improved Steel Champion". It was obtained from a collector in Fort Eire, Ontario, Canada. Its restoration, which was completed in 2003, was undertaken by a group of volunteers, all membersof the Goderich Antique Grader Club.
Dubbelklicka på bilden för att förstora
Drive Horse-drawn by 2, 4 or 6 horses
Platform Seat for coachman and operator
Axles Two axles, of which the rear was adjustable ± 400 mm laterally.
Grader blade, size (w/h) 2 440/380 mm
Weight 1 140 kg